Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Life Together

As I sat on the lake's sandy beach that is only 10 minutes from my house with a good friend on Friday, it was an afternoon I desperately needed.  Only a few hours in the midst of life's constant demands calling out to me.  It felt good to simply sit there, she in her chair, me in mine.  Our toes in the sand as we caught up, talked, shared, laughed, shed a tear or two. We talked of our children, our latest difficulties, prayer requests, answers to prayer.  We spoke of the hope we are certain of found only in Christ when circumstances speak something different.  Together.  No one can do life alone.  And so with this very first blog, I hope you and I can do the same.  Share life together...the joys, the journey, the struggles, the lessons learned along the way.  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says,  "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:  If either of them falls down, one can help the other up."  My hope and prayer is that through these postings, the Father will use our time together to lift you up in the midst of your own life's path, and that we will both be the better for it in doing this thing called life together. Thank you for the privilege of allowing me to join you.  May the Father use these brief moments to encourage you right where you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment