Friday, January 30, 2015

Life...

I started this blog a few months ago, and realized today that I have not written a new entry since November.  Good intentions in starting it, just not thinking through how very little time I would have to actually contribute to it.  I have a daughter that is a college senior, who got engaged over the Christmas break.  We are now in the throws of all of the excitement and planning that involves a May 2016 wedding.  How I thank God for answered prayer in the gift of her precious fiance.  Then there is my son, who is 18, working full-time, deciding college is not for him at this time.  Being a single mother of 2, working in a full-time ministry (last year the Lord blessed me with about 100 concerts/conferences/speaking engagement dates), and a part-time job teaching private piano/voice lessons 2 days a week which involves 16 students/19 lessons every week.  As I sat with my coffee and Bible open this morning, I came to the realization that this is not a season of life that I will be able to blog very much, and that is ok. 
I think sometimes we put way too many demands on ourselves, and we have to relax that grip just a little.  Right now I am finishing putting one child through college, helping her plan her dream wedding, continuing to help the other child get on his own two feet, pay the bills, and use the time I do have wisely, prayerfully, as best I know how. This is the season of life that I am in.  Life is busy, it is demanding, but God has given us all the same amount of time in each day to accomplish what He has called us to do.  In this day.  In this season.  And then we have to rest in leaving the rest of it to Him.
I still have a Christmas tree hidden on the other side of my bed that needs to be put away today on January 30th, along with a few straggling Christmas decorations.  And surrounding me on my desk and all over my office are papers and files that I need to go through for the end of the year and taxes.  But for today, I will simply do the next thing, as Elisabeth Elliott so wisely said. 
Psalm 118 reminds me, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."  Glad in the gifts the Father has blessed me with...2 precious children, a dear brother and his family, a precious sister and mother who I know are waiting for me in heaven, precious family and friends here.  Life will continue to be busy, demanding, and at times, overwhelming.  But God has given us new mercies for each day, and each day is a gift.  And this blog?  It can wait.  For days like today when I decide to take just a few minutes and put a few thoughts down.  Now back to all this other stuff of life...
...        

No comments:

Post a Comment