Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hello September!


I love fall.  My favorite season.  I love the crisp, cooler air, especially after a SC summer.  I love the colors...the orange, gold, red against a bright blue sky.  It's September, and that means fall is on its way.

And with every new season comes change.  This Labor Day weekend was not spent sitting on a beach as I have done in years past.  It is a new season in my life, my home, my family.  My Hannah is away at Clemson, involved in her own life as a 21-year-old senior.  I spent much of the long weekend "off" helping move my 18-year-old son Ross into his own place.  Change is never easy, but with it, comes new beauty.  The beauty of a quiet house yesterday to spend five uninterrupted hours writing, studying, tweaking messages for an upcoming women's conference.  Not having to cook for anyone.  Resting and enjoying the very presence of my Father.  Ecclesiastes 3:1 reminds me, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."  I am learning to look for and find the beauty in them all.  Thankful today that God is always at work making all things beautiful...in His time. Though I am ready for fall now, it is not yet time.  So I will wait with great expectation, and in the meantime, trust that the results are worth the wait.   

No comments:

Post a Comment