Thursday, September 4, 2014

W.E.A.R.Y.

W.E.A.R.Y.  I will admit it.  I am.  Anybody else?  This is an offer we can't refuse.  When what you thought was only a season refuses to change, and now appears to be the way it will be for a while and your heart is literally breaking.  "Come," He says.  When the to-do list is longer than you have energy to even look at, much less tackle.  "Come."  When the demands are so much greater than you feel you are or ever will be.  When the heartache has now become heartsick...when the storm continues to rage.  "Come."  No matter what your particular circumstances are today, causing you to feel weary, or as my SC mama would say, "worn out," Jesus wants us to remember that we can come to Him with it all.  "Come to Me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Rest in knowing that it is not a burden you have to bear alone.  Rest in knowing He has got this, He already knows from beginning to end, and He promises it is all going to be okay within His grace.
As the world is a frightening place to live...as my heart is so heavy over personal heartache that many days I feel I can hardly bear for one more minute...I come to Him.  And He meets me right where I am, takes me in His arms, and I rest.  Just for those few moments, I don't look at the burden, I look to Him in the midst of it.  And there is peace in the midst of a world at war, and a heart that hurts.  Won't you rest in Him today, just for a moment?  He says, "Come." 

No comments:

Post a Comment